Radiology Services are provided 24/7 by Registered Technologists.
The Chatham Radiologists Group based in Savannah Georgia provides Evans Memorial Hospital with exceptional radiology interpretation.
The Radiologists are Board Certified by the American College of Radiology and are available 24/7 either at the hospital or via PACS to view images and provide interpretation for the attending physicians.
Imaging Services provided include:
Picture Archival and Communications (PACS)
IMEX Segmental Pressures for Vascular Assessment
Evans Memorial Hospital was one of the first hospitals in the area to install PACS which provides the Radiologists, the attending Physicians and other hospitals with images over a computer based system from anywhere in the world. This provides the hospital with the ability to provide patients exams to physicians anywhere that the patient needs them. Also, this allows specialists in other cities or even states to view the images via the WEB with a controlled password.
The technical staff is all registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Mammography is performed on a scheduled basis with a Selenia full field digital mammography system. Selenia is the latest generation of mammography equipment from Hologic, the women’s healthcare company.
The radiologists with the Chatham Radiologists Group, who read for the Women's Telfair Hospital at Candler Hospital, interpret the mammograms. Pictured here are Shelly Kicklighter & Wendy Boatright who provide mammography services for Evans Memorial Hospital. The Selenia system offers incredibly sharp breast images, an advanced ergonomic design providing more patient comfort, and a flexible platform that is designed to support advanced mammography applications. The mammography department is certified by the FDA under the MSQA program.
The Magnetom Symphonys' speed and ease-of-use enables us to bring a variety of innovative applications and improved care to our facility.”
·The Siemens MR scanners automate all imaging processes, making them faster and simpler for both the clinician and the patient to keep examination times to a minimum while maximizing patient comfort.
·Siemens MAGNETOM Symphony can be used to perform a wide array of clinical applications, including neurology, angiography, spectroscopy, orthopedic and cardiac examinations.Also, all scanners are equipped with Siemens standard user interface, syngoâ, which offers compatibility with all other modalities, giving clinicians a complete picture of a patient’s condition.
- MAGNETOM Symphony system Power-class has a modular system design which enables precisely tailored configurations to suit your exact needs and budget, with the confidence of knowing that you can upgrade later as your needs grow. MAGNETOM Symphony system Power-class is offered with a strong gradient system in 3 easily upgradeable classes of performance.
- The asymmetric design combines a large 120 cm flare with a patient friendly 60 cm opening to enhance comfort for the patients. The tunnel is only 160 cm long and thus gives a short and open appearance that can significantly help patients with claustrophobia or anxiety about the MR examination. The cantilevered table design (in two alternative versions) gives the system a light and unimposing appearance while providing unobstructed foot space for attending staff and better access to the patient.
- The MAGNETOM Symphony system Power-class allows siting of the system without a dedicated computer room in many cases, if the optionally available integrated electronics cabinet water cooling is installed.
- The Integrated Panoramic Array (™) (IPA) system is a modular CP Array concept that greatly accelerates coil set-up and therefore significantly enhances throughput and productivity. IPA enables the Spine Array coil (option) to remain on the patient table (option) for most studies - except Breast and Shoulder MR (scan protocols and coils optionally available). With IPA, up to 4 independent coils can be connected simultaneously and 8 (optionally up to 16) CP elements can simultaneously receive acquired signals. Furthermore, the active coil elements can be freely selected by the operator at the console with a mouse-click.
- The optional removable table top and trolley system (option) allow even greater ease in patient preparation outside the examination room and therefore increase patient throughput. This method can help to save time and energy by minimizing the number of times a patient has to be repositioned, e.g. inpatients. Immobile patients are repositioned directly from their bed to the mobile examination table (option).
- MAGNETOM Symphony system Power-class offers advanced, fast 3D Shim which optimizes homogeneity once the patient is inside the magnet. This procedure also improves fat saturation. The system offers the option of higher order shimming capability which further enhances shimming results particularly for off-center fat saturation, Single Shot EPI, BOLD and other imaging techniques such as Turbo GSE (scan protocols available as an option in appropriate clinical packages).
- MAGNETOM Symphony system Power-class combines state-of-the-art performance with an overall harmonized concept. High system availability is ensured by our expert, highly trained Siemens MR service engineers.
- Your Siemens service contract (not included in the basic unit) offers a comprehensive range of benefits such as Uptime Remote Diagnostics for improved productivity and maximum uptime.
- The 1.5 T MAGNETOM Symphony system Power-class magnet utilizes a stainless-steel cryostat with proven structural reliability and excellent behavior in minimizing artifact-inducing eddy currents.
Evans Memorial Hospital now has one of the fastest and most advanced CT Scanners available anywhere in the world – The 64 Slice Toshiba Aquilion CT Scanner.
Evans Memorial Hospital provides CT Scanning with a Toshiba 64 Slice Aquilion CT Scanner. This scanner is the latest technology available and has the smallest slice available for any scanner anywhere acquiring 64 slices in just 4 tenths of one second or 160 slices per second.
Leading technology with a patient care focus
The Aquilion 64 is a 64-slice CT scanner built on Toshiba's unique 64-row Quantum Detector, volumetric imaging capabilities and advanced software applications, and is the world’s only true volumetric 64-slice CT scanner with 64 detector channels, 3-D cone beam algorithms and volume reconstruction. Its superior design produces high-speed, high-resolution imaging with low-contrast resolution that’s unsurpassed even at low doses.
The Quantum Detector enables the acquisition of 64 simultaneous slices of 0.5mm—the thinnest available, with each 350-millisecond gantry revolution
The result is precise isotropic imaging of any region of the body during a breath-hold under ten seconds
The heart of the Aquillion 64 slice scanner is its superior multi-detector design, that produces high-speed, high resolution imaging with the best low contrast resolution of any scanner and at the lowest patient dose for any CT Scanner. The Quantum detector enables the Aquilion CT scanner to acquire 64 simultaneous slices of 0.5 mm with each 400 millisecond gantry rotation. The result is precise isotropic imaging of any region of the body during a breath-hold of under ten seconds. Only Toshiba's CT technology offers true isotropic voxels, which greatly enhance most clinical studies, including examinations of the lungs, joints, extremities and CT angiography.
You can go to a bigger hospital, but you can not find a better scanner. In fact many much larger hospitals still having 16 slice or smaller scanners that do not have the imaging quality of the
64 Slice CT Scanner from Toshiba.
The Ultrasound Department includes a new Toshiba Apllio scanner which Evans Memorials Technologists use to perform Abdominal, Breast, Thyroid, OB/GYN, and full Vascular Services. Included in the vascular services are IMEX studies which provide information on arterial blood flow and a diagnosis of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) which can give an indication of coronary artery disease.
Nuclear Medicine is performed on a Toshiba Scanner. Pictured here is Angie Smiley. The nuclear medicine department performs a full range of nuclear medicine services including Nuclear Cardiology.
Bone Density is performed in-house on a Hologic Bone Density Unit. This is the same unit used at the Emory Clinic in Atlanta.
In surgery EMH has a Phillips Libra C-Arm which provides live images to the surgeon